Thin Client Solutions
For some organizations, thin client computing is definitely the way to go. A thin client network can be used in most any situation but have primarily been adopted by businesses operating multiple sites; bank branches, retail, real estate, insurance agents. Depending upon your situation, a thin client environment can have many advantages including:
- Increased Security
- Improved Network Manageability
- Increased Administrator Control
- Lower Acquisition cost
- Reduced Maintenance Cost
Accurate measurement of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of a thin client solution varies from industry to industry. In a pure business context, TCO of a thin client is less than that of a networked PC. Results vary, but figures usually range between 15% and 35%, with many factors contributing actual bottom line cost:
- How many users will there be?
- Is the pool of users static or is it expected to grow?
- Will PC's also be integrated into the network?
- What remote access functions need to be considered?
- Are your applications compatible?
- Will bandwidth issues come into play?
- What functions will the thin client network have to perform?
- Where will the system be managed?
To truly know if thin client computing is a viable option for your organization, you need a partner with the experience to assess your unique situation, find the 'gotchas', and develop a realistic plan for implementation and ongoing support. Logista is the right choice.