In the business world, printing costs can quickly add up. Printouts, photocopying, and paper are all necessary components of day-to-day operations but they can also be a major drain on your budget if not managed properly. To help you save money on printing costs, here are five common areas where businesses tend to overspend.
1. Color Printing: Color printing is usually an unnecessary expense for most businesses. Unless you have a specific need for color printing (e.g., marketing materials), stick to black and white for most of your documents. This will save you time and money in the long run.
2. Too Many Copies: It’s easy to make too many copies of a document when you’re in a hurry or don’t keep track of what you’ve printed out already. To avoid this pitfall, always check your inventory before printing anything else out and only print as many copies as you need at that moment—not more!
3. Poor Quality Printer Toner: Cheap printer toner may seem like a good idea in the short term, but it can end up costing you more money due to its low quality and poor performance. Investing in high-quality printer toner may cost more upfront, but it will last longer and provide better results than cheaper alternatives.
4. Excessive Paper Use: Paper waste is one of the biggest sources of unnecessary expenses in any office environment—and it adds up quickly! Encourage staff members to recycle any documents they no longer need and switch off printers when not in use to reduce paper consumption (and energy bills).
5. Cheap Printers: Investing in an inexpensive printer might seem like a good way to save money, however, it can ultimately end up costing you much more in expensive ink cartridges and repairs.
As a business leader, cutting costs wherever possible is essential for success – especially when it comes to expensive items such as office supplies and equipment like printers or photocopiers. By following these five tips, you can save yourself valuable resources while still maintaining an efficient workplace environment.
About Logista Solutions
Logista Solutions is a nationally recognized leader in a broad range of technology management solutions. As one of the largest technology support providers in the U.S., Logista provides innovative and holistic solutions to help companies take control of their IT infrastructure and achieve better business outcomes. Popular services include Managed IT as a Service, VoIP and Unified Communications, Managed Print, Cloud Services and Asset Disposition.